What data do we collect?
V-TAC collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.), when you sign up and log in
- Company identification information, as we are a business-to-business enterprise.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide V-TAC with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Provide us your data with our customer agents, either offline or through our live chat.
How will we use your data?
V-TAC collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Create suggestions and personalized recommendations on how to best serve your business.
When V-TAC processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Personal data shall be subject to additional safeguards to ensure this data is processed securely. For example, we work hard to ensure data is encrypted when in transit and storage, and access to this data will be strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality commitments.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. When possible, encryption is used, both in transit and storage. Access controls within the organisation limit who may access information.
V-TAC would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop V-TAC from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the V-TAC Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
V-TAC would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request V-TAC for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that V-TAC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request V-TAC to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that V-TAC erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that V-TAC restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to V-TAC’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that V-TAC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Analyze overall trends on our website, using Google Analytics
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – V-TAC uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – V-TAC uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address (which is anonymized).
- Analytics – We use the basic Google Analytics suite and their associated cookies to monitor overall trends and performance of our website. These cookies do not send full IP addresses to Google, do not share data with other Google services (turned off Google Data Sharing), and as such, do not require you to opt-in. However, as mentioned below, you will always have access to opt-out.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and https://aboutcookies.org/ tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that V-TAC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in your respective country.